This is a super easy recipe for moist and fluffy muffins. Takes around 10 minutes to prepare and 20-25 mins to bake.
175g brown muscovado sugar
100g wholemeal self-raising flour*
100g self-raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp of cinnamon
zest 1 orange
150ml sunflower oil
3 medium sized carrots, grated
1 medium sized apple, grated with skin
*You can use a total of 200g of self-raising flour
I use the fool-proof recipe from The Pink Whisk, Perfect Cream Cheese Frosting.
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with cases.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients sugar, flours, bicarbonate of soda, mixed spice, cinnamon and orange zest.
4. Whisk together the eggs and oil, then stir into the dry ingredients with the grated carrot and apple.
5. Divide the mixture between cases, I use an ice-cream scoop or measuring cup to ensure consistent levelled muffins.
6. Bake for 20-22 mins until a skewer poked in comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before icing.
One reply on “Carrot and Apple Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting”
Marvellous!! I can’t believe it’s been a week since we were at yours! #Such a lovely time – set me up for the very whizzy week! xx Thanks for posting the recipe 🙂